SHOWALL HIGH VOLTAGE ROBOTICS
Figure 32 - The core broke down very well on the very first discharge
Figure 32 - The core broke down very well on the very first discharge

Being afraid to destroy another vessel, I only let one discharge happen, but even at only 100 Kilovolts, it was louder than any of the other discharges, indicating a very well contained strike right into the center of the vessel. Opening the lid showed that the core broke down into many smaller fragment on a single shot, much better disaggregation than any of the other vessels produced even after multiple discharges. Success at last! I turned the spark gaps back to their safe maximum distance, put the lid back on and then set the ballast switches to their full power mode. This was to be the full power test of the new vessel, letting the unit run for at least 10 more discharges or until something exploded!



Figure 33 - After 10 discharges, the sample was completely disaggregated
Figure 33 - After 10 discharges, the sample was completely disaggregated

The new vessel took the next full power repetitions with stride, producing a massive and deep sounding sonic shockwave every time. There was only a tiny amount of water vapor escaping front the top ridge, but that was perfectly acceptable and hardly noticeable through the entire desegregation cycle. After 10 discharges, the sample was completely broken down into its individual grains, with the easily identifiable gems separated as if they were never embedded in the solid rock core. The proof of concept prototype was now working better than ever expected, able to run for hours without any problems whatsoever. Hundreds of different rock samples containing various background filler and precious minerals were put through the disaggregator and it broke them all down with ease. The system could even take a bit of rebar out of a chunk of concrete, and it did scary things to the goofy materials I threw in the vessel such as fruit and old electronic devices!

After several attempts at different vessel arrangements and inductor configurations I finally had a perfectly working machine that did not self-destruct or need any adjustment whatsoever. The machine performed flawlessly for many years, and was the only one of its kind at the time. Currently, there are a few manufactures of large scale disaggregator units, but considering the price tag on their units is in the 6 figures, I take pride in my hacked unit that cost only a few thousand dollars in parts to build. From what I can tell, my original disaggregator is still the most powerful disaggregator ever made, having the most energy release of any of the commercial units. Yep, I got bigger sparks, man!!

Back Home Last Next
You are Viewing... Page 17 of 18
Lucid Science Electronics from the Fringe AtomicZombie Hack-a-day SparkFun